Johnson Tire Shop was founded in 1923 by B.W. Johnson. The business was originally on what is now the
old Hagen car lot. The business was sold by James V. Johnson, son of B.W. Johnson, to David Strem and Howard
Slyter, who renamed it, D & H Standard in 1968. Four years later, Strem bought out Slyter and named it Dave’s
Standard. The present building was built in 1951. In 1997 a major change to the pumps and inside convenience
store was made by adding a brand name pizza and subs area with inside seating.
After owning the business for 38 years David and Ginny Strem sold the business in 2006 to Doug Tschosik
and Travis Jensrud, both from the Fertile area, and the name was changed to JT’s Station. Through the years the
station has carried the fuel brands Standard, Amoco, BP and in 2008 switched to Tesoro.
The business currently has a tire shop where they do oil changes and sell and fix tires. There is a self-serve
car wash, full service convenience store where they sell subs, pizzas, lottery, gasoline and diesel.